JOB DESCRIPTION - ELECTORAL DIRECTOR
The PCCC is looking for a talented Electoral Director to manage all aspects of the Elections department. This is a key, senior position in the organization and works directly with the Co-Founders.
- Manage the targeting and endorsement process. This will include vetting potential candidates for viability and bold progressive partnership; identifying strengths and weaknesses in their campaigns; and making recommendations to the Co-Founders. This will also include shepherding the MOU process and establishing clear expectations between PCCC and the campaign.
- Manage relationships with candidates, campaign managers, and consultants. This may include on-the-ground support by yourself or PCCC Strategists, giving advice on hiring, polling, and messaging; helping to set up organizational and financial operations; setting up systems for managing volunteers; vetting consultants, and other work as necessary!
- Ensure our candidates are campaigning on bold progressive messaging. In TV, mail, phone scripts, stump speeches, debates, and emails we want to help candidates find ways to go beyond typical Democratic talking points to address big ideas and systemic issues like debt-free college, expanding Social Security, and breaking up big banks.
- Think creatively about how to engage our million members in the election. This should include identifying moments on the campaign trail that can be used to tell an exciting narrative about the candidate to our members.
- Connect candidates with organizational PCCC resources, like campaign technology, training, and cross-candidate issue campaigns.
- Assist with the PCCC Training Program, which may include leading trainings.
Strong applicants will have:
- Progressive ideals and work history.
- At least three cycles of senior-level electoral experience, including federal campaign management.
- Healthy skepticism of the "way things have always been done" and smart outside-the-box ideas for creating new models to win electoral campaigns.
- Strong sense of strategy.
- Ability to manage others -- while also being a doer.
- Strong ability to build relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong work ethic, an ability to work in a virtual workplace, and detail oriented.
Salary and Hiring
This is a full-time salaried positions, which include health care and dental.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Our team is virtual, with staff around the country.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability status.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (BoldProgressives.org) is a million member grassroots organization building power at the local, state and federal levels. It engages in electoral work and issue advocacy work -- fighting on democracy issues and for economic populist priorities like expanding Social Security, debt-free college, and Wall Street reform. Senator Elizabeth Warren said: "PCCC members were with me since the beginning -- even before there was a beginning! Now, we have lots of work to do together." The PCCC has raised over $22 million in grassroots donations for its electoral and advocacy work -- and directly for progressive candidates and committees. It has also trained hundreds of state and local candidates and elected dozens of bold progressives to Congress.