JOB DESCRIPTION - CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR
The PCCC is looking for talented Campaign Directors to work on issue campaigns aimed at forwarding an economic populist agenda while fiercely resisting the Trump administration.
Campaign Directors at the PCCC conceive and implement campaign strategy while working closely with other PCCC teams including press, our Capitol Hill team, and organizing colleagues to achieve ambitious results. Campaign Directors report to the Campaign Team Director
- Develop and implement comprehensive campaign strategy for one or more issue campaigns.
- Analyze the political landscape for strategic opportunities to advance the issues in your portfolio -- while being opportunistic and looking for new ways to advance the PCCC’s core agenda.
- Build powerful coalitions with allies inside and outside of DC.
- Strategically use the full range of PCCC’s campaign apparatus to advance your issues -- including earned media, paid media, digital engagement, congressional relationships, and anything else you can come up with (including elevating real-people voices in advocacy).
- Work with the press and paid media teams to strategically use paid and earned media to further your campaigns.
- Write impactful emails to PCCC members to further campaign aims and tell a long-term story about our values and advocacy.
- Monitor local and national news related to your designated issue campaigns and identify rapid-response organizing opportunities.
- At times, project manage teams of others -- setting goals and ensuring accountability for results.
- Travel to provide on-the-ground support when necessary to meet your campaign goals.
Strong applicants will have:
- Progressive ideals and work history.
- Campaigning experience
- Strong strategic ability
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt to a changing strategic landscape.
- Strong writing ability, including ability to clearly articulate a theory of change and write emails to PCCC members.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Strong ability to build relationships.
- Outside-the-box thinking (a prized attribute at the PCCC)
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in virtual workplace, and be detail oriented.
- Willingness to travel.
- Pre-existing relationships with those in the grassroots advocacy community and/or elected leaders
- Experience managing teams of others.
- Hands on experience running email or other digital campaigns
This work is virtual and can be done anywhere. Experienced applicants will be sent an short exercise within a week of applying to complete as the first stage of the interview process.
Salary and Hiring
This is a full-time salaried position, which includes health care and dental.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Our team is virtual, with staff around the country.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability status.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (BoldProgressives.org) is a million member grassroots organization building power at the local, state and federal levels. It engages in electoral work and issue advocacy work -- fighting on democracy issues and for economic populist priorities like expanding Social Security, debt-free college, and Wall Street reform. Senator Elizabeth Warren said: "PCCC members were with me since the beginning -- even before there was a beginning! Now, we have lots of work to do together." The PCCC has raised over $22 million in grassroots donations for its electoral and advocacy work -- and directly for progressive candidates and committees. It has also trained hundreds of state and local candidates and elected dozens of bold progressives to Congress.