JOB DESCRIPTION - Compliance & Operations Associate
- Own ongoing tracking of our staff in-kind and training/assessment work for campaigns across the country
- Own drafting notices to campaigns of our staff contributions on a quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with our c3 (Progressive Change Institute) and c4 (P Street) to maintain solid tracking mechanisms in a timely manner and complies with all reporting needs for our various entities.
- Own the timely and accurate completion of all FEC reporting (federal and non-federal PACs, state committees, etc) and facilitate 24 hour notices when spending limits are met.
- Consult with our accountant for good NGP and ActBlue database maintenance and entering of donations.
- Ensure use of most up-to-date software and best practices, explore transition to a new process when necessary.
- Work closely with the COO to schedule and organize complex organization-wide activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and event activities. Some projects will involve ownership and others consulting and helping, to be determined with the COO on each project.
- Database maintenance of current information and stellar systems-thinking to create new and improved systems in the future.
- Promote a positive, collaborative work environment and work with any employee in their request for information or assistance.
HR and Hiring:
- New employee intake: Keep onboarding materials up to date – including regular evaluation and revamping of onboarding materials and processes. Own the paperwork review and filing for new employees and provide onboarding support to COO.
- Employee offboarding: Follow up on inventory, any other wrap-up
- Provide staff support to answer all questions regarding organizational resources, health insurance, and other benefits.
- Own the celebration of people’s birthdays, anniversaries at PCCC, and “this day in PCCC history” to celebrate victories or big moments for our staff.
- Help write job descriptions once in alignment with co-founders and/or managers about departmental needs
- Own posting job descriptions to all appropriate sites and job boards and thinking creatively with the COO about how to find new talent.
- Ensure all candidates are notified in timely-fashion with any updates to hiring process, and once final decisions are made.
- A background in compliance either on a campaign, in a firm, or similar setting.
- Detail-oriented, professional, proactive, responsive, and have a background in progressive politics or causes.
Salary and Hiring
This is a full-time salaried positions, which include health care and dental.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Our team is virtual, with staff around the country.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability status.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (BoldProgressives.org) is a million member grassroots organization building power at the local, state and federal levels. It engages in electoral work and issue advocacy work -- fighting on democracy issues and for economic populist priorities like expanding Social Security, debt-free college, and Wall Street reform. Senator Elizabeth Warren said: "PCCC members were with me since the beginning -- even before there was a beginning! Now, we have lots of work to do together." The PCCC has raised over $22 million in grassroots donations for its electoral and advocacy work -- and directly for progressive candidates and committees. It has also trained hundreds of state and local candidates and elected dozens of bold progressives to Congress.