JOB DESCRIPTION - NEW JERSEY POLITICAL COORDINATOR
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (PCCC) is hiring a New Jersey Political Coordinator to support state and local candidates during the 2017 elections. This will include recruiting great candidates into our candidate training, giving hands-on help to key candidates, helping the PCCC marshall state and national resources in New Jersey, and more.
- Maintaining and building the PCCC’s political relationships around the state.
- Recommending which rising stars the PCCC invests resources into helping this cycle.
- Give hands-on help for priority candidates across the state -- whether it’s helping to organize house parties and phone banks, helping with earned media events, connecting candidates with great staff, or distributing templates from the PCCC guides and resources library.
- Planning how PCCC leaders can have a presence at NJ events to help marshal support for progressive Democrats up in 2017.
- Recruit for the training program! Work with the PCCC Training Director to make sure New Jersey state and local candidates attend important upcoming candidate trainings starting in April.
- PCCC technology! Get state and local candidates signed up for PCCC candidate software and provide support to them.
- Tell the story nationally. Look for great narratives and individual candidates that we can elevate and highlight to our national membership and find ways for our members to contribute to these races.
- Other duties as necessary.
Strong applicants will have:
- Years of political experience in, and encyclopedic knowledge of, New Jersey state politics. This includes party leaders, legislators, candidates, campaign staff, organization leaders, super activists & volunteers, and others who have an interest or impact on the New Jersey elections.
- Existing personal relationships with key political players around the state.
- A willingness to travel frequently around the state for meetings, trainings, events.
- Great political and progressive instincts.
- Very strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed on a year-long project.
Salary and Hiring
This is a full-time, salaried, one-year position, with a duration from February to December 2017 and includes healthcare and dental.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Our team is virtual, with staff around the country.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability status.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (BoldProgressives.org) is a million member grassroots organization building power at the local, state and federal levels. It engages in electoral work and issue advocacy work -- fighting on democracy issues and for economic populist priorities like expanding Social Security, debt-free college, and Wall Street reform. Senator Elizabeth Warren said: "PCCC members were with me since the beginning -- even before there was a beginning! Now, we have lots of work to do together." The PCCC has raised over $22 million in grassroots donations for its electoral and advocacy work -- and directly for progressive candidates and committees. It has also trained hundreds of state and local candidates and elected dozens of bold progressives to Congress.