The PCCC is looking for a highly detail-oriented junior staff member to support and coordinate our electoral work with campaigns across the country. Join us in the fight to build the bench of bold progressives advancing an economic populist agenda.
This is a junior level, nontechnical support position reporting to PCCC’s Electoral Director.
Be the initial point of contact for all candidates and campaign staff.
- Stay on top of “the inbox”, direct inquiries to the appropriate internal channels, and flag time-sensitive requests as needed.
- Track unresolved requests and ensure that all requests receive a timely followup and resolution.
- Be a welcoming and professional representative of our organization.
Facilitate internal coordination across PCCC teams.
- You will be playing a key supporting role for various electoral programs and initiatives, ranging from our Electoral Team’s close work with “flagship” federal and gubernatorial candidates, to our scaled support programs for state and local candidates and elected officials, to our organizing team’s issue-driven and news-driven advocacy pushes.
- Send weekly and daily summaries to all PCCC electoral staff.
Provide back office support for multiple PCCC staffers.
- Assist with scheduling, followups, distribution of materials, and data entry.
Research candidates, districts, and “state of the race” as candidates enter our orbit from endorsement applications, conferences, trainings, technology, and referrals.
Read endorsement applications as they come in, and help guide applications through review and approval protocols.
Work on recruitment efforts with allies, including regular communication with key partners.
Maintain PCCC’s internal database of elected officials, candidates, staffers, and consultants.
- Keep key contact information up to date, track filled and unfilled staff & consulting positions on campaigns, and know who we’ve been in touch with recently.
- Track contacts’ participation in PCCC programs and organizing efforts.
- Stay up to date on candidates and electeds with Google News alerts and campaign newsletters.
- Maintain lists of candidates’ and electeds’ core issue advocacy interests and legislative priorities.
- Retrieve complex information promptly from our database for PCCC staff as needed.
Other projects, as assigned. Some travel expected.
A successful applicant will be:
- Be highly detail oriented, precise, organized, and efficient.
- Be able to stay on top of faced-paced, high-volume communications.
- Synthesize large volumes of information quickly and accurately, and know how to summarize key points.
- Have a great memory for names, details, dates, and faces!
- Have a warm demeanor that comes through genuinely over email, on the phone, and in person.
- Manage multiple competing priorities at the same time in a deadline-driven environment.
- Be conversant in Excel and Google spreadsheets; be capable of swift data entry in spreadsheets and database systems with precision; be careful to always triple-check the work; and have a commitment to the long-term accuracy and maintainability of data and knowledge systems.
- Have a passion for progressive politics, and a strong interest in the details of electoral politics up and down the ticket. Politics is your baseball!
Salary and Hiring
This is a full-time, salaried position, which includes health care and dental.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Our team is virtual, with staff around the country.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability status.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (BoldProgressives.org) is a million member grassroots organization building power at the local, state and federal levels. It engages in electoral work and issue advocacy work -- fighting on democracy issues and for economic populist priorities like expanding Social Security, debt-free college, and Wall Street reform. Senator Elizabeth Warren said: "PCCC members were with me since the beginning -- even before there was a beginning! Now, we have lots of work to do together." The PCCC has raised over $25 million in grassroots donations for progressive candidates and committees. It has also trained hundreds of state and local candidates and elected dozens of bold progressives to Congress.