DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (PCCC) seeks an experienced, detail-oriented Director of Operations. This position will work directly with the organization’s two co-founders to manage the day-to-day operations of the organization, including hiring, onboarding, personnel needs, organizational events, and budgeting, among other tasks.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Hiring and Onboarding: Work with the co-founders to identify hiring needs and own the hiring process, including drafting and posting job descriptions, conducting initial interviews, thinking creatively about places and methods to attract the right candidates, and completing the necessary steps to onboard new employees.
- Operations: Be the owner of numerous operational priorities, including: weekly time tracking by staff; liaising with legal, financial and compliance contractors to ensure reports and filings are maintained and submitted on time; and be the point person for miscellaneous operational projects such as holiday cards and maintaining various inventories, among others.
- Benefits & Insurance: Answer questions staff have about our health insurance, 401k plan, COBRA / unemployment insurance, where to find organizational resources, etc. This may also involve directly coordinating with healthcare, retirement and corporate insurance providers to enroll employees, secure and maintain employee and organizational coverage, etc.
- Budget: Work with co-founders and bookkeeper to approve staff expenditures, ensure that revenue and expenses are being tracked, and maintain an ongoing sense of our finances to ensure they are being used strategically and efficiently.
- Travel & Events: Plan our annual staff retreat and election year co-working, where we fly our entire team to one location to work together during the weeks before the election. Manage our presence at conferences like Netroots Nation and the Democratic National Convention (in coordination with others on the team). This could also include being the point of contact for booking travel arrangements for people on our team.
- Staff Management: As needed, directly manage full-time staff, including but not limited to Special Assistants and departments with only a single employee. Manage the intern program.
- Contractor and Intern Management: As needed, manage outside contractors and interns, including executing contracts, tracking start and end dates, and managing their workloads and schedules.
- Workplanning and Annual Evaluations: In coordination with the co-founders and managers, ensure annual goal planning, monthly workplans, and annual evaluations are conducted / finalized by manager and staff every month and year.
- Internal Communications: Ensure there is coordination and visibility across the various teams at PCCC, including scheduling internal calls to share information and maintaining a strong sense of the work being done by each team. Schedule and facilitate routine staff calls with our entire team.
- Human Resources: Be the person staff can go to if they have a workplace problem that needs solving.
A successful applicant will:
- Have 5-7 years minimum work experience in an operations, personnel-related, and/or a senior scheduling / Executive Assistant position.
- Be highly detail-oriented, precise, organized, and efficient.
- Demonstrate good judgment, growing into the role to increasingly make independent decisions on personnel and budgetary matters.
- Manage multiple competing priorities at the same time in a deadline-driven environment.
- Have a warm, approachable demeanor.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Have a passion for progressive politics.
Salary and Hiring
This is a full-time, salaried position, which includes health care, dental, life insurance, and a 401k plan. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Our team is virtual, with staff around the country.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or disability status.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (BoldProgressives.org) is a million member grassroots organization building power at the local, state and federal levels. It engages in electoral work and issue advocacy work -- fighting on democracy issues and for economic populist priorities like expanding Social Security, debt-free college, and Wall Street reform. The PCCC has raised over $29 million in grassroots donations for progressive candidates and committees. It has also trained hundreds of state and local candidates and elected dozens of bold progressives to Congress.