JOB DESCRIPTION - TRAINING DIRECTOR
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is hiring a Training Director to lead the strategy and implementation of our training program. This is a key senior position in the organization and will report directly to one of the co-founders.
- Develop a training calendar each year, taking into account larger organizational goals. Anticipate training primarily candidates along with a smaller mix of campaign staffers and activists, taking place at state Democratic Party conventions, conferences, and independently hosted by PCCC.
- Raise the profile of the program. You’ll represent the training program in a number of public settings, and should expect to act as a fierce, passionate advocate for our pedagogy and our results.
- Manage staff. As a program director, you’ll oversee the Training Team, which currently consists of two Training Coordinators and two Training Fellows. This includes weekly check in calls, monthly and yearly workplans, and annual evaluations.
- Recruit trainees. We work hard to recruit training classes that are racially and economically diverse, as well as ideologically progressive. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that these classes meet high standards for diversity and ideology.
- Work with candidates. You’ll recruit candidates at the federal, state and local levels for our trainings, interact with them on logistics, and make sure the trainings meet their needs. You’ll survey them after the trainings, to make sure we keep improving our programs.
- Work with allies. Work with organizational leaders and movement allies to build partnerships around each training, and identify ways to bring the training to their staff, members and endorsed candidates.
- Manage political relationships. Navigate political relationships in a savvy way, understanding the pressures faced by many allies on the state and local level, and constructively engaging within that framework.
- Manage training materials and trainers. You’ll work with internal and external experts to develop new training materials and make sure current training materials are up-to-date. You’ll also schedule trainers and make sure they are briefed on their program roles.
- Manage curriculum. You’ll make sure our curriculum constantly evolves and improves, meeting the needs of candidates, staffers and volunteers.
- Fundraising. As a program director, you’ll manage our training program budget and participate in fundraising through call time and events, and work to secure financial sponsorship for our trainings.
Salary and Hiring
This is a full-time, salaried position. We offer a generous benefits package which includes unlimited time off, health and dental insurance, life insurance, and a 401k plan.
The salary range is $65,000 - $75,000, commensurate with skills and experience. Our team is virtual, with staff around the country.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability status.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (BoldProgressives.org) is a million member grassroots organization building power at the local, state and federal levels. We engage in electoral work and issue advocacy work -- fighting on democracy issues and for economic populist priorities like Medicare for All, expanding Social Security, zero debt college, and Wall Street reform. Senator Elizabeth Warren said: "PCCC members were with me since the beginning -- even before there was a beginning! Now, we have lots of work to do together." We’ve raised over $29 million in grassroots donations for progressive candidates and committees, trained thousands of state and local candidates and elected dozens of bold progressives to Congress.