JOB DESCRIPTION - TRAINING FELLOWSHIP
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (PCCC) is hiring a Training Fellow to help run national and state level candidate trainings in 2018. This will include everything from hands-on candidate recruitment to coordinating logistics at events.
We’re inviting folks with a strong sense of social and economic justice to apply for the position of Training Fellow. Training Fellows will work under the leadership of the Training Director to plan and execute a major candidate training to be held in the spring of 2018 in Washington, DC as well as several smaller candidate trainings as opportunities arise.
Fellowships are six-month, full-time, paid positions. The PCCC is a virtual work environment, so fellows can be based anywhere. Travel will be required.
- Reaching out to progressive grassroots leaders throughout the country to promote the trainings;
- Recruiting hundreds of candidates at the local, state and federal level who are excited to run for office as part of a national movement of activism through electoral politics;
- Tracking and managing applicants and attendees, including scheduling and confirmation emails, and responding to queries in a timely manner;
- Assisting with logistics, such as housing, speakers, AV equipment, travel, and more;
- Additional tasks as assigned by Training Director.
Strong applicants will have:
- Good grasp of progressive politics and insatiable desire to change the world;
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Creative approach to problem-solving and overcoming obstacles;
- Strong ability to build relationships;
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in virtual workplace, self-driven and motivated;
- Excellent Internet search skills and written and verbal communication skills.
Salary and Hiring:
This is a six-month fellowship position with a paid stipend of $3,000 a month, plus $100 a month as an internet and cell phone stipend.
Our team is virtual, with staff around the country.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability status.
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (BoldProgressives.org) is a million member grassroots organization building power at the local, state and federal levels. It engages in electoral work and issue advocacy work -- fighting on democracy issues and for economic populist priorities like expanding Social Security, debt-free college, and Wall Street reform. Senator Elizabeth Warren said: "PCCC members were with me since the beginning -- even before there was a beginning! Now, we have lots of work to do together." The PCCC has raised over $22 million in grassroots donations for its electoral and advocacy work -- and directly for progressive candidates and committees. It has also trained hundreds of state and local candidates and elected dozens of bold progressives to Congress.