You can apply for the fellowship on this page in just three easy steps.
1. Fill out your information on the right.
2. Show us why you're right for the job! In the box below, provide a link or written sample of your work.
3. Hit Submit. You will then be prompted to upload your resume.
That's it! If you are unable to upload your resume, the email you will receive confirming the receipt of your application will explain how to do so.
We generally review and hire fellows for 3-month fellowships in the fall, spring and summer. We will contact you if we're reviewing applications and would like to talk with you further.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of press fellow. To apply, fill out the application below before August 8.
Press Fellow Job Description
Press Fellow responsibilities include:
- Monitoring coverage of the PCCC and identifying important breaking news stories on a daily basis.
- Researching newsmakers, maintaining press lists, and building the reach of the organization.
- Producing shareable content for a social media audience and regularly updating PCCC’s website.
- Assist in packaging stories and pitching reporters.
- Draft press releases, blogs, op-eds, talking points, and other press materials.
Strong Press Fellow applicants will have:
- Strong grasp of progressive politics.
- Insatiable appetite for news and information.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Healthy skepticism of the "way things have always been done" and willingness to develop smart outside-the-box ideas for creating new strategies for engaging reporters and achieving media goals.
- Strong sense of long-term strategy and how to build momentum for a campaign, and an overall progressive movement, through the media.
- Strong ability to build relationships.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in virtual workplace and be detail oriented.
- Excellent research skills and written and verbal communication skills.
The PCCC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, and others are strongly encouraged to apply.