You can apply for the fellowship on this page in just three easy steps.
1. Fill out your information on the right.
2. Show us why you're right for the job! In the box below, provide a link or written sample of your work.
3. Hit Submit. You will then be prompted to upload your resume.
That's it! If you are unable to upload your resume, the email you will receive confirming the receipt of your application will explain how to do so.
We generally review and hire fellows for 3-month fellowships in the fall, spring and summer. We will contact you if we're reviewing applications and would like to talk with you further.
We are currently accepting applications for Summer Fellows on a rolling basis. The deadline for the Analytics Fellowship is Tuesday, May 12.. To apply, fill out the form on the right.
You can learn about some of our specialized fellow positions below.
Analytics Fellow (Click for more information)
The PCCC seeks an entry-level Analytics Fellow to assist with data analysis and support for online organizing, including our email and online ad programs. Fellowships are three-month, full-time, paid positions with the possibility of a full-time position. The PCCC is a virtual work environment, so fellows can be based anywhere.
Analytics Fellows will be expected to work with the Director of Analytics to constantly look at every aspect of our online organizing, both internally and externally, and find ways to improve it.
- Online ads. Writing, testing, and reporting on all aspects of both Facebook and Google ads.
- A/B testing. Assist with long-term testing across emails, pages, ads, and social media. Designing, staging, implementing, and analyzing tests.
- Data cleanup and analysis. Fellows will assist with data cleanup, survey analysis, and meta-analysis of past experiments.
- Staff support. Supporting other PCCC staff by pulling membership lists for PCCC staff, developing and automating reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the Analytics Director.
Strong applicants will have:
- Proficiency with ActionKit, or other online organizing platforms (BSD, NGP, Salsa)
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Basic knowledge of statistics and A/B testing
Applicants will also be proficient at least one of the following:
- Online advertising
- R or another statistical package
- Survey research
When: Applications are due Tuesday, May 12th. New hires will be expected to start by Friday, May 29th.
Compensation: $2,500 a month, plus $100 a month as an internet and cell phone stipend.
Press Fellow (Click for more information)
- Monitoring coverage of the PCCC and identifying important breaking news stories on a daily basis.
- Researching newsmakers, maintaining press lists, and building the reach of the organization.
- Producing shareable content for a social media audience and regularly updating PCCC’s website.
- Assist in packaging stories and pitching reporters.
- Draft press releases, blogs, op-eds, talking points, and other press materials.
- Strong grasp of progressive politics.
- Insatiable appetite for news and information.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Healthy skepticism of the "way things have always been done" and willingness to develop smart outside-the-box ideas for creating new strategies for engaging reporters and achieving media goals.
- Strong sense of long-term strategy and how to build momentum for a campaign, and an overall progressive movement, through the media.
- Strong ability to build relationships.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in virtual workplace and be detail oriented.
- Excellent research skills and written and verbal communication skills.
Digital Media Fellow (Click for more information)
- Edit and produce videos to highlight the PCCC’s work and our endorsed candidates.
- Fulfill requests from the email team and press team for videos to share with our members and the press, as well as proactively suggesting videos worth sharing.
- Monitor TV news coverage of the PCCC and PCCC-endorsed candidates on a daily basis, identify useful videos, and maintain PCCC’s video archive.
- Work independently to develop a results-oriented strategic plan for expanding the PCCC’s social media following and engaging more deeply with unique audiences such as politicians, the media, and PCCC’s members.
- Take ownership of producing shareable content for PCCC’s social media audience on a daily basis.
- Assist in regularly updating PCCC’s website including adapting content for PCCC’s blog.
- Suggest ideas for new social media graphics / memes to the design team.
- Strong grasp of progressive politics.
- Insatiable appetite for news and information including via social media.
- Ability to adapt to PCCC’s unique style of editing and quickly adapt to feedback.
- Ability to plan ahead, develop long-term strategy, and proactively push projects forward.
- Healthy skepticism of the "way things have always been done" and willingness to develop smart outside-the-box ideas for engaging and expanding the PCCC’s social media following.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in virtual workplace.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines at the same time.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites preferred. Knowledge of Final Cut or Avid acceptable.
The PCCC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, and others are strongly encouraged to apply.