Republicans have consistently cut disaster relief to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy and big corporations:
- Paul Ryan's 2012 budget cut billions from disaster relief funding. 1
- House and Senate Republicans blocked billions in disaster relief and emergency preparedness funding to FEMA in 2011.2 3
- The 2011 House Republican budget cut more than $500 million from storm monitoring agencies.4
This week, Republicans will "ensure the delegations housed in storm-impacted areas have alternative housing if needed."5
Republican politicians give themselves extra safety from the storm, but consistently leave Florida out in the cold. Thanks a lot, Republicans.
Help us hold Republicans accountable in 2012 -- add your name on the right.
- The Hill, "GOP appropriators ignore Paul Ryan on disaster relief offsets," May 8, 2012
- Politico, "Senate GOP blocks Dem disaster aid," Sept 12, 2011
- The Hill, "House panel moves to cut disaster aid," May 24, 2011
- Slate, "GOP's Continuing Resolution Cuts Funding for National Weather Service," March 11, 2011
- Reince Preibus, "Chairman Priebus Memo Regarding RNC Convention," August 25, 2012