Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh could be the 5th-and-deciding Supreme Court vote who will try to overturn Roe, deny health care for millions, and throw out worker protections. Here are some key facts about Brett Kavanaugh:
The right will immediately try to make this extremist sound mainstream. Please forward this email and help spread word about what Kavanaugh wrote as a judge:
- Employers should be allowed to deny workers birth control in company health care.
- Presidents -- including Trump -- are above the law and should never be indicted.
- The consumer watchdog agency CFPB is unconstitutional. (He was overturned!)
- Employers should be able to eviscerate union rights.
- Bans on semi-automatic weapons are unconstitutional.
- He is stealthy and remained silent on abortion rights. But if he ruled against access to birth control, why would he uphold a woman's right to choose?
Sign the petition on this page to your Senator, and Senators Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska):
REJECT BRETT KAVANAUGH's nomination to the Supreme Court. Millions of women across America are depending on you to be true to your word and protect their rights and basic health care. No answer on Roe v. Wade from a Supreme Court nominee that could be the 5th and deciding vote on criminalizing abortion and punishing women is unacceptable. For generations, Americans will remember the strength or weakness you project in this moment.
We're working with NARAL and other allies to do big media events in Alaska and Maine that will pressure Senators Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski to reject Trump's nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
At these media events, activists will deliver increasing numbers of signatures from this petition.