Governor Jay Inslee just told PCCC members, "Joe Biden had a decision to make. He made it. He decided to go big. Please join me in thanking him."
Thank you Joe Biden for going big on climate with your modern infrastructure and clean energy plan.
Here's Joe Biden's newly announced plan in a nutshell:
- Millions of new union jobs modernizing our crumbling infrastructure, retrofitting buildings, and manufacturing clean cars.
- By 2035, a power sector in America free of carbon pollution. Net zero carbon throughout our entire economy by midcentury.
- Environmental justice for front-line communities like Flint, Michigan. With 40% of all green investment dedicated to disadvantaged communities.
- Zero-emissions public transportation in our cities.
- A new climate justice division at the Justice Department, and a new White House environmental justice council.
- A whopping 4 million retrofitted buildings. 1.5 million new green homes and housing units. This makes housing more affordable, safer, and healthier.
- $2 trillion of investment in clean energy and sustainable infrastructure in his first term.
Learn more about the plan here.